Friday, June 11, 2010

Mt Oly!!

So proud of Wyatt! We hiked Mt. Olympus yesterday. This is the steepest, most difficult hike we've taken Wyatt on so far and he was a CHAMP! He only asked to turn around once. I do confess, however, that distraction techniques were in full use (lets just say I now know every type of Pokemon both real and those created in Wyatt's imagination, every kind of power they hold, what they evolve into, and who would win who in every type of battle). But Wyatt does truly LOVE to climb on the rocks. Once we got past the saddle, its basically like rock climbing/scrambling and he could have played there all day.

We had such a fun adventure together! It was a cool, humid day with thunderstorms all around us. We caught a few sprinkles and even a little hail! So awesome! haha And on the way down Steve was thisclose to stepping on a rattlesnake! Basically it was a total blast. Wyatt says he's now ready to take on the tallest mountain in the world. K2 and Mt. Everest here we come! :) (just kidding of course!)











5 Comments:

kto1s said...

Holy Smokes! So awesome!!

Mychael-Ann said...

I fully expect to see pics of you three on K2 and Everest in the next 15 years. I think you are an awesome mom for talking pokemon - that stuff makes me crazy! Our boys would love to get together and "battle" - funny how they are still into the same things. Miss ya!

Natalie said...

I bet Wyatt loved that snake. He is an amazing kid hiking the whole way. You have trained him well. I hope you are warmer now.

swensen squeeze said...

Nice job!! All of you!!

Alicia said...

Wow, Wyatt might have just won the world record for the youngest person to climb Mt Olympus. HOLY SMOKES!