Saturday, October 30, 2010

So much for me



This pretty much captures how I'm feeling right now as I transition from SAHM to full-time professional.

Thoughts:
1- I forgot how much pressure it is to work in a demanding job.
2- It is awesome to have the opportunity to really use my experience/expertise again and learn so much more thats new too. I'm grateful for my job and I know that someday (hopefully sooner rather than later) it will feel easier than it does right now.
3- It is hard to give up mommy-stuff. All the stuff I used to think was frustrating/monotonous I already miss. And going a full day without seeing Wyatt breaks my heart. Hopefully there won't be as many of those days in the future as there has been the last week or so.
4- Steve is amazing. He is my rock. He is my assistant. He is my best friend. He is an amazingly patient listener as I regularly spew my stress on him. He is incredibly supportive and doing a better job at home than I ever did.
5- I need home-cooked food. Steve picked up a lot of the home load but he doesn't cook. I have eaten out practically 100% for 10 days and its disgusting.
6- I'm tired. I want to plan weekend trips and little vacays like we're so used to but the truth is I'm exhausted and would rather sleep.
7- I'm SO GLAD that I made the decision to stay at home w/Wyatt while he was young. I remember really worrying that if I gave up my career to stay at home would I ever be able to get it back? It was a hard decision for me b/c I loved my career so much. But while I was a SAHM I always knew it was right. I can never get those years back and I'm so glad that I gave them to Wyatt and not some corporation.
8- This weeks goal: Fit "me" into my life again. I guess that means 5:30AM for my daily run. And I will at least take a short hike this weekend somewhere. And I must figure out how to get "make dinner" back in my agenda.
9- Transitions and big changes are steSSSful but exciting and I'm feeling so excited and grateful.

5 Comments:

Ronda said...

Suzanne, Where did you see those road signs? that is so cool. I want to go to both places. Excited for you and your new adventures.

Natalie said...

Those years were important. I can't believe you are all grown up again. I can't imagine ever keeping up a household and working and not to mention YW pres. You are amazing. I hope you find me time. It's so important. Good luck with everything.

Jill said...

Sue, you are amazing and I hope things calm down a bit for you. I know you'll master everything you have on your plate. Steve and Wyatt are lucky to have you!

DeDee said...

Crazy transition, but it will for sure get easier! I am excited to hear about your new adventure!

Mark Dammann said...

A life that is comfortable and easy is a life without progress and personal growth. Taking risks and becoming uncomfortable is the only way to live life.
Love ya sis.