Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

My friend's uncle is in a great Veterans Day story on CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/vif2.pilot.trumpet/index.html




Its a heavy reminder of the sacrifices made by the men and women of his generation and ours, too. And I love the testament to the power of music. "[But] he was no enemy, because music had soothed the savage beast."

I love music and the great power within it. I'm so blessed to be the primary chorister right now in my ward. I get to experience this power every week in the most sincere way possible, through the kids.

It's also Gars birthday today. We love and miss you, Gars. This pic was taken on his birthday the day after he passed away. His sweet young grandchildren wanted to make sure grandpa got their love on his birthday so we sent it up to him in heaven inside balloons. I'm sure he got it. :) We do this every year for his birthday now. I'll have to post this year's picture to compare the kidders 4 years later...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARS!!!!

1 Comment:

Natalie said...

That's so true and sweet. I bet you are an awesome primary chorister. Cute to remember Grandpa on his birthday.