In my opinion, there are two things that we need in the White House right now more than anything: A PERSON WITH A STRONG MORAL THREAD and A FINANCIAL GENIUS. Americans today have a "what's in it for me?" and "How can I get more of it for me?" attitude. Total greed and self-servance at it's extreme. And so here we are in an economic disaster that has been decades in the making. We've never had to make a more important decision regarding President of the US in my lifetime. It blows my mind to think that we passed up on the person who EMBODIFIES my two qualifications: Mitt Romney = strong moral thread and a financial genius. (I know you are all laughing at me right now, but I don't care) But since we only have two choices...
I've wondered and thought about the decision a lot. Unfortunately neither candidate is a pro on the economy. However, I've made a choice and here are a few of my reasons: (and btw - I NEVER vote on any election based on party. It doesn't mean JACK to be a Republican or a Democrat anymore... just my humble opinion...)
Health-Care:
I call McCain's plan the "non-plan" b/c that's what it is. It doesn't address the problems or solve anything for people who actually need help. Obama seems to have a reasonable approach to health-care. At least he has a plan!
Politicky:
McCain's VP pick (although I like Palin and I think she is a breath of fresh air) was 100% political. That is scary. McCain is old. It is statistically relevant to assume that, if elected, Palin could become President of the US. I like the girl, but heaven help us if that were to happen. NO WAY is she prepared to be President.
Obama impressed me so much early in the primaries. He was motivational and inspirational and was drawing people into the political process who had given up long ago. The drawn out fight with Hillary, though, ruined that image of Obama for me. But, he still has it in him and the charisma that he has is impressive. Just getting people who don't care involved in the system again could change our country. I like that.
Moral Thread:
I was floored at McCain's disrespectful tone in the debate last night. He was so snarky and just out right rude. The rolling eyes, the frustrated gestures - he is truly a madman acting out of desperation. It scares me. He has willfully made FALSE statements about his running mates and their positions, etc. b/c he is beyond frantic for the presidency. I can't imagine that he could keep it together as President. We just can't have a hot-headed madman running our country.
Obama has had his moments... but I have hope that he has the moral thread we need to inspire people to do the right thing and get above the "greed mentality" that we live in. Like I say, it's only a hope... but thats better than nothing, right? haha
WOW! This post is way too long. I doubt anyone will read it. But, I could go on & on. I haven't even touched many many important things. But, I'll be voting for Obama. Not that I'm voting for him b/c of the color of his skin... but I'll be proud to say I voted for the first African-American President. I think he's going to win (although not in Utah)... I sure hope so.
p.s. Wyatt does not approve. He likes McCain b/c "his face looks good & I like his tie". Who the HECK is this kid? Yikes!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Choosin' Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 Comments:
AMEN! I have actually been really confused about this whole political battle too. I had no idea who i was going to vote for until a month ago. it was then that i decided on Obama for MANY of the same reasons you just pointed out. Honestly, McCain is outright obnoxious. Ever since I decided on Obama I have noticed more and more how arrogant and condensing McCain is toward Obama.
Thanks for your post - it was a breath of fresh air!
oops, i meant condescending!
I wasn't able to watch the debates the other night so I'll be watching it tonight. I'm still undecided in this election so I'm hoping to feel a pull one way or the other tonight.
Sorry, but I am not with you on this one. I am not a huge McCain fan, but I do not think that Obama has it in him to stand up for what's right/what he belives vs. what is popular. He is very charismatic and a great speaker, but I feel that it is superficial.
Good for you! I love how political you have become. I have not made my decision yet though but it is good to hear your thoughts and opinions. Hey are you coming Wed night?
You said it sister! I agree with you on the whole lot. I am so proud to have such free thinking friends.
Post a Comment