Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Facing the Fear

I've set a goal. I WILL compete in the Lake Powell Triathalon Oct. 18. I am facing my fear of swimming (despite the fact that I can't, swim that is) and I'm just goin' for it. It's not going to be pretty. I really hope I don't drown. I'm not so much a competitor as I am just a "please, I hope I finish... I don't even care when" But, I'm so excited!
PS - If you see me, please ask me how my triathalon training is going. I feel that since I'm putting this "out there" I HAVE to do it now. This is the entire point of this post. Sorry to bore you.

9 Comments:

DeDee said...

Sue...you rock, seriously! I am sure you will do AWESOME!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I can't swim either (well, if you call doggy paddling swimming - i guess i can). That is amazing though. Let me know how you do!

swensen squeeze said...

I am so glad that you decided to do it!! Keep practicing that swimming and you will do great!! I am really happy for you!! Call me anytime to help you on the swim!! You rock!

Mark Dammann said...

Lets go biking it is time to get your anus is some serious shape. Call me.... Wink wink. Your Brotha

M-Ann said...

You can totally do it! It's just a sprint, right? Where are you swimming for training? I'm excited for you.

Kelly said...

You are such an inspiration! I wish I had your energy and motivation. Good luck!

Allen Family said...

Do it! Do it! Do it! That's awesome!

Lindsay said...

WOOOOO HOOOO!!! That makes me so excited! That is a great goal. I am pretty much afraid of swimming too. Just wear a life jacket..hehehe! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Less than 3 weeks to go...

Jennica said...

I have always wanted to do that - I just haven't yet. I can't wait to hear how it goes. GOOD LUCK!