Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting to know Sarah Palin

Governor Palin's speech at the GOP Convention last night: (Part 1 of 5 - She introduces her family)



(Part 2 of 5 - She talks about her experience as "hockey mom" and Mayor & Governor)



Anyway, I won't post all the videos here but her entire speech was great.

My initial reaction when I heard McCain chose Palin for VP running mate was I felt kind of insulted. It seems that McCain believes that the women of America will vote for another woman blindly. But after watching her speech last night, my first impressions of her were:

smart, articulate, relatable, bold w/o being brassy, likeable, straight-shooter

I think I like this girl. It's going to be fun to watch the debates.

5 Comments:

swensen squeeze said...

I need to get the skinny from you regarding politics! I am so ignorant!!

Kelly said...

I'm so conflicted! I don't know if I want my V.P. smack in the middle of young motherhood. If it weren't for that...

Emily said...

I'm impressed with her too! She seems like a genuinely honest person that's actually trying to make a difference FOR the people - she doesn't have that "politician" feel to her, KWIM? I would rather her be Pres. than McCain!

Lindsay said...

Well I think she should've been his second choice. Suzanne Bailey is the more obvious first choice for Vice President! I'd vote for you. But since he didn't choose you, I'll have to vote for her and McCain.

Rusti said...

I have really enjoyed watching her for all the reasons you listed. Honestly, I think she's the one shinning star amoung them this election.

BTW- Did you see the SNL skit with Tina Fey as Palin?