Monday, August 24, 2009

1st day 1st grade

Wyatt is back to school. Crossing our fingers that he actually likes first grade. His teacher is SUPER impressive, I really like her already. And his first day was a success other than he got "lost in the lunchroom" and missed most of second recess! Poor little guy! Tomorrow is another day - I hope they get better from here.

when it comes to taking pictures - sometimes ya have to take what you can get!


So after we dropped Wyatt off this morning, Steve and I were like - "hmm... free babysitting til 1:15pm?" (its early day) So we hit the Crest trail. It was the perfect escape. Other than that nagging feeling that I should be "useful", I am handling this transition ok so far. I had the same nagging feeling last year when Wyatt started K, and I think I just ignored it and just enjoyed the fact that Steve has a lot of free time (dang economy!). But I know that we all really do need to feel useful and productive to be happy and I have too much free time on my hands. So - I need to figure out my next step in life. For some reason this has been super tough for me. I think partly b/c w/Steve's free schedule its hard for me to commit my time to a job or ANYTHING that I would be tied down to. So - time for some big decisions for me... but they can wait. I already have a bunch of fun stuff planned for my days this week. lol "never do today what you can put off til tomorrow..." :)

2 Comments:

Natalie said...

FREEDOMN!!!! Enjoy it.

Alicia said...

What a handsome boy Wyatt is!!