

Steve & I got to be substitute coaches for Wyatt's soccer team the last two weeks b/c Jackie has been livin it up in So Utah two weekends in a row. We really had fun. I loved to watch Steve as coach to the 4/5 year olds. He did a great job. He is so patient and so good at teaching them all the important soccer skills such as where to stand as to not give the other team a chance. :) I can see more coaching of Wyatt's teams in our future...
Plus, the past two Saturdays 30 mins. soccer games have constituted our "quality time" together for the entire last two weeks. Steve has been super busy w/real estate work plus our rentals have been a nightmare as of late and has been working sometimes through the night til like 3AM. Poor sleepy guy. After we had to evict a guy for not paying his rent, he caused a bunch of damage in his apartment in our triplex including stealing the copper drain lines! I couldn't believe it. A person has to be pretty hard up to literally cut the drain lines out of our place just for the scrap value of the copper. We also have a home in Rose Park that we rent out that our tenant just moved and left the usual messes so I spent a few days this week trying to get the yard back into decent condition and cleaning inside. Here is a picture of the home we lovingly call "Goldie".
After feeling cooped up from cleaning Goldie I had to get outdoors again so Mark & I took Wyatt on a little hike to Ensign Peak. (Lame hike, but low enough that there's no snow...) We had fun hiking around the foothills behind the trail, too. We ended up having to bushwhack our way back down to our car. I love that Wyatt likes to hike. I just can't stand to be indoors for long and hiking is a good activity for us mostly b/c its an activity outside that I can do w/a 4 year old. (If only I could get him mountain biking so we could ride The Crest or Pipeline. Someday...)
And yesterday we had a rainy good time at the Zoo for our ward playgroup and then Tracy Aviary for a preschool fieldtrip. We still had fun even though we got rained on all day. Wyatt is his happiest when he's with his friends.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Daily Monotony of the Last Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 Comments:
You guys ended up going to the Zoon after all?! I thought it was going to be cancelled! Talk about diehard zoo fans!
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you today - it's been a crazy day. Let's do swimming really soon!
Goldie! Love that you name your rental. So sorry to hear about the problems with renters. Not sure if you ever knew, but somehow along the way you guys were definitely our inspiration to own a rental. Thanks.
Can I just say...I can't believe that's Mark. I'm feeling older now.
Katie - I hope your rental is less of a pain than ours have been lately. I'd hate to have been the inspiration for your rental headaches! It's so feast/famine ya know? Like for a few years at a certain property everything seems easy and great and then whamo you've got a major mess again. During the mess times I'm like "what the crap are we thinking being landlords" but then I know that I've been most grateful for those rent checks many a months in the past, too. I guess we'll take the crap for as long as we can stand it.
Oh Suzanna, so by "future coaching of Wyatt's teams" do you mean May 10th in particular??
Sure Jackie. What exciting adventure are you off to May 10th?
Post a Comment