Monday, April 28, 2008

If we get to choose our own Heaven, Wyatt's heaven is going to be GOBLIN VALLEY















After a weekend camping in Goblin Valley I'm feeling rejuvenated. There's something about camping in the dirt, getting really sweaty from long hikes and coming home reeking of campfire that fills up my happy tank, ya know? And there are moments that happen on trips like these that just don't occur any other way. Like watching Steve and Wyatt simultaneously diving to the ground and scampering up a dry river bank on all fours in pursuit of a lizard. As you can see they caught that lizard. And the look on Wyatt's face? Pure joy!
We took Wyatt on the best hike. Little Wild Horse Canyon. It is an awesome hike through a slot canyon. 9 MILES! Even I was surprised that Wyatt made it that long. We went at Wyatt's pace (stopping to catch centepedes, dig holes in the sand, etc.) but we were out in just over 6 hours. Now thats some good family time that I've been craving for awhile now.

10 Comments:

Mark Dammann said...

Sue,
It seems like you had a great time on your camping trip. I love trying to catch lizards they are hard to catch sometimes. I bet Wyatt was flipping out the whole trip at goblin valley. Did you ever find the cave? Were you too afraid to talk to the rangers? Okay well call me today I am still unemployed.

Jill said...

Love the lizard pics! Glad you've had such fun adventures lately!

Rusti said...

I've never been to Goblin Valley. It's on my list of things to see before I die. I love camping in the dessert. I'm not a fan of the cold, I deal with heat much better. Looks like you had a ton of fun! You're a fun mom!

Tiffany said...

Wyatt is the ONLY kid I know that age that can go 9 miles. You are so good with him to always take him hiking and doing active things. I need to get better at that! Looks like so much fun.
T.

Emily said...

Looks like a blast! I haven't been to Goblin Valley for quite a while! Although, I'm sure I'll have to build Max up in the mile department before we do hardcore hikes like that.

Kelly said...

You guys do the funnest things! I have yet to take my kids camping and my oldest is 13!! You've inspired me though. I've never seen goblin valley. It looks beautiful in a strange sort of way!

DeDee said...

What a fun trip! We need to go camping this summer! I love the lizard...what could be better for a little boy. He'll always remember that.

swensen squeeze said...

What a fun trip! Glad that you had a great time!

Nelson said...

Looks like so much fun!
We played in the driveway the other day...we are just so wild & crazy! You're probably jealous.
I am craving a little trip, and these pictures are making it worse.

Allen Family said...

Goblin Valley would make a pretty cool heaven! I'm glad Steve was able to relax and that you all had a great time. I'm starting to crave a little family getaway myself, but don't see that happening anytime soon. We'll just have to play in the driveway like the Nelsons!