Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All I wanna do is have some fun

Amber and I hit the Sheryl Crow concert last night. She is a writer for Usana and gets free tickets every now and then so it was a very last minute thing - but we had a great time. Thanks Amber!!!

This was the perfect way to wrap up this summer! Sheryl Crow's lyric has been my theme for this past summer. Several months ago I realized that my life is cruising by at warp speed. So I decided that my new focus would be making memories with Wyatt. I was not going to worry if my house/yard was perfect, etc. just wanted to make memories with Wyatt b/c he's growing up so fast and when I look back it's the fun activities/vacations, etc. that I remember (and I bet he'll remember). So early Spring I sat down with a calendar and thought of all the places I wanted to go, fun activities I wanted to do throughout the summer and got them planned and on the calendar. I also scheduled a regular time each week to go on a hike, a regular time to go boating each week, and a regular swimming day at Murray Pool with Wyatt. As I look back over the past summer, we missed a few of the plans I had originally made but overall we really made a lot of memories. Steve calmed down quite a bit from his usual workworkwork frenzy and we really had a blast. I'm definitely sticking with my theme next summer.

2 Comments:

DeDee said...

Good for you! Life is too short, and it's the memories that stay with you! I would like to say I have done that all summer, but at least we're trying to make up for it now.

Nelson said...

You are such a great Mom!
Memories are the best. He is so blessed to have you as his Mother.