I always look forward to the Olympic Opening Ceremony and the Chinese did not disappoint! The Opening Ceremony in Beijing blew me away!




Some highlights:
* LED screens - Are you kidding me? Amazing!
* Birds Nest Stadium - built with artist's vision of the show in mind.
* Drummer boys - spectacular!
* The Movable Type - I couldn't believe that.
* Moon/Space Scene Production - breathtaking!
* Tai Chi Guys Circle Choreography - honestly this is an impossible feat - incredible!
What beautiful artistry with absolutely AWESOME precision. I swear some of those things they accomplished are impossible. I'm absolutely awe struck right now. I couldn't find pictures of everything that blew me away, if I find them, I'll post them later. I read that this show had the largset budget of any in history - definitely not hard to believe that. WoW!
I love the Olympics, somehow it makes the world feel like a welcome place again despite the myriad of troubles everywhere.
Oh - and what an inspiration Dana Torres is! 
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Let the Games Begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 Comments:
My husband is nuts for the Olympics too. Glad to see the spirit!
I love the Olympics too! I was sad I missed the opening (at a wedding) so post pics if you can find them.
I loved opening cermonies as well! They were incredible! And that Olympics has been fun to watch as well!
Can't get enough of them.
Post a Comment