Boating, Hiking, Mountain Biking - same ol' same ol'
We aren't very original, we keep doing the same stuff week after week, but we're having fun! (makes for a boring blog, however! oh well!)
Oh yeah - last weekend we did go to a movie- Dark Knight. TOTALLY disturbing! Pretty good though, if only I could get the mental picture of that freaky joker out of my head. Yikes!
And seems like forever ago (but I just uploaded the pics) but we went to the zoo.
And we had an awesome time at my good friends' street party last night! He plays in a band and they block off an entire street and the band plays all evening and its super fun. Tons of kiddos with glow sticks dancin' in the street. I wish I would have taken pics - tons of cute moments. I love getting together with great, old friends. Except it always gives me "big family envy" because they always have lots of kids that are totally growing up fast and I still feel like nothing's really changed for me in the last 10 years! :) (Oh ya, I guess I have one kid of my own - why does my 1 seem less significant than their 6???) And, BTW, I can't believe my friends have kids going through puberty, but it's true. Yikes! It really freaks me out to think that in a blink of an eye its going to be Wyatt! Heaven help us all.
TWIN LAKES HIKE
ROCKPORT
We actually went to a different lake (other than East Canyon) a few weeks ago. Totally rained on us. You know you are a die-hard when you are wakeboarding in the rain! :) And especially Mark b/c he was hit by a truck just 5 days before this day... He was hit by a truck at 40mph while riding his bike downtown. Luckily he walked away from it - thank goodness!
We've ridden WASATCH CREST and DOG LAKE via MILL D the last two date nights/days. Since I've never ridden Dog Lake from the Big Cottonwood side before, short trail recap (for future reference): Good ride, worked my wind (to say the least), steepest at the top and the bottom, pretty meadow in between.
Can't think of anything else of interest lately... except that I've turned into a couch potato watching the Olympics every night. And BTW it's really getting in the way of my sleep!
Oh yeah, I turned 34, bleh.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Catchin' up on the blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 Comments:
Happy Birthday! I really am so jealous when ever I go to your blog. You are having a fantastic summer!!
Duh! Happy Birthday!! I agree with Tiffany - you guys are always doing super fun things!
Happy Birthday! I am sorry that i missed it! Hope you had a fun day!
I wish I could keep up with you! I had a bleh in June too. I am totally realizing Zoe is so close to that...it totally scares me! I am not ready for her to grow up!
Happy Birthday Beautiful!
Great pics.
Trying not to be offended that I wasn't invited to the street party. I will be expecting a call next year.
BTW-full report of concert now available.
I so wish my 'same ol, same ol' consisted of boating, hiking, mountain biking, etc.!
Instead, mine is family reunions, weddings, family reunions, yada, yada, yada.
Post a Comment